Saturday, May 9, 2015

Ode to Grandmothers

You sweep in
with tender touch

You listen
with knowing ears

You love 
without condition

You savour
the sweetness of new life

You have done so much for me and my family as we continue to move through these tender years of early childrearing.  You have swept my floors and cooked us meals; you have folded laundry and held my girls.  But the absolute greatest gift that you have given me is your wise perspective fostered from a bit of space in your own lives.  You are able to return to a home of a newborn (because really it is their home) with a freshness and tenderness that is unmatched.  And it is you who have reminded me to pause in the sweet spots; to sing to my children and to look them in the eyes and closely. 

On this day, and everyday, I am thankful to the grandmothers in my life.  


  


No comments:

Post a Comment