Friday, April 7, 2017

Ryan McLean Tobin

What grace.  I have become an aunt three times over in the past nine months.  The most recent birth happened about three weeks ago.  It was an arduous birth to say they least, but Kristy and Keith's strength and patience helped bring this new light into the world.

At the same time that Ryan emerged into the world, I happened to be at Kripalu having a kind of "re-birth" of my own.  I was in a class called Journey Dance and the Kripalu drummers where so on!  I stayed on the edges at the beginning of the class; like a high schooler at her fist dance.  But the music (and the amazing teacher, Toni) drew me in and there was no turning back.  When I found out the time of Ryan's birth (which was the same time that I was in this class), this poem was born from my top bunk at Kripalu.  

A Poem for Ryan McLean Tobin

Like the ancient
Beat of a 
Drum, you came
Into the world.

A gift for
Us all, you 
Brought with you
Pure innocence and 
Goodness that helps

Remind us of
The tenderness in
Each of our hearts.

And your birth
On this 25th
Day of March 
Guides us to,

In our core,
Remember our own
Precious birth and 

The sacredness of
Our presence here 
on this beating 
heart called home.


No comments:

Post a Comment