Sunday, April 26, 2015

This weekend I . . .

*  Danced with our 2 month old instead of vacuuming.  She giggled for the first time.  In my arms.

*  Sat with our 2 year old while she ate her early dinner instead of unloading the dishwasher.  We looked at each other in the eyes and reflected on the day, "good day, mommy."

*  Stopped pestering our 4 year old to come inside for a bath when I noticed that she was in a magical world that I could only observe from afar.  I thought to myself, this is her life; her magic; let her have it.

I, of course, did a lot of other things too.  I will spare you the list.  But these three bullet points above were the most important things; the things that heal me and make it all worth it.  And I am reminded once again by my dear buddhas that I must stop and be with them (or notice where they are) otherwise I will sink in a sea of laundry and dishes and miss all the magic myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment