Tuesday, September 3, 2013

"I Am Happy To Be Alive"

I had this thought the other morning: I wonder how much our thoughts right when we wake up, whether it be in the middle of the night or the morning, shape our attitude towards the day and thus our life? 

So this is my experiment for the next 21 days: immediately when I wake up I will think this thought: I am happy to be alive.  I chose this thought because it is simple and it reminds me of my mortality.  It also contains the word "happy" which is really, deep down, what I want to experience each day. 

Do you want to try this too?  What might be your waking thought?

1 comment:

  1. Katie, My waking thought is "Oh, what time is it?" ...clearly not what I should focus on each morning when my eyes open. I'll get back to you when I have found my new first thought...

    ReplyDelete