Friday, September 13, 2013

Welcoming the Mundane

People have told me:
do the things that makes your heart sing.
that this is brave. 
that this is the key to happiness. 

I would nod at these words that sounded cliché; half believing them.  Until I took a step.  Just one small step; an inch closer to my heart's work.

And freedom is felt.  And by freedom I mean that there is no grasping; no wanting more.  With this brand of freedom, I can be present in my own life.  Reside here for a bit.  Yes - challenges arise and thoughts continue their steady stream (sometimes still raging up onto the banks of the soul), but it is within the life that I am living rather than a life that I am trying to escape from or to.

While I sit, I find my thoughts going to the food that I am going to eat or prepare or Francesca at school or Lilian's nap schedule, but these are all mundane thoughts that circle through my daily life.  Oh, how I welcome the mundane for, right now, the mundane is the precious present. 

No comments:

Post a Comment