Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Behind the Intention

This is the basic structure of my morning pages:
1.  Date

2.  Write free write free write free with no expectation (anywhere from 1-4 pages)

3.  Write: Today I will . . .
list three key things that I want to accomplish (this isn't a typical to-do list, but rather has simple things like meditate (which is on there every day) or laugh with my family or connect with a friend.)

4.  Write: My intention for today is . . .
this has become my daily mantra and serves as my overarching guide for the day.  For example, I may say, "to do one thing at a time" or "to bring gratitude to my actions" or, yes, "to let go" (which, thankfully I now understand.) 

Sometimes as I am writing my intention, if I have a good memory of the day before, I want to look back on what my intention was (or, often I remember it quite clearly.)  And I have even tried this a few times - stolen my own mantra.  But I quickly realized that this does not work; that, as much as I may want to capture the same energy, it is new day with new needs and attention.  What I can do though is pay attention to what resides behind the intention - the essence of it - and how that can continue to inform my spirit and actions.  I can also notice the strength of the foundational bricks that I am laying for which my intentions can be supported and manifested; in short, what is working for me.  Writing in the morning at a coffee shop; the structure that I started this blog entry with; meditating mid-day (sometimes in my bathroom).  Perhaps someday I will be living all of my intentions simultaneously and they will become my essence. 

No expectations.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment